THE PROFITABLE HOBBY FARM
This book gives you all the information you need to start your own local foods business. You'll get plain-English advice from a self-proclaimed farm-girl-turned-entrepreneur on:
- Trends in niche agriculture and local foods
- Creating a business plan for a small-scale or hobby venture
- Assessing your home marketplace and uncovering niches not yet served
- Financing options, especially grants and cost-sharing programs
- Free or low-cost marketing ideas
- Basic strategies for surviving the first year in business
- And more
Whether you want to create a small hobby business or start up a full-time venture, The Profitable Hobby Farm
is the book for you. Thoroughly researched and packed with information for putting ideas into action, this is your blueprint for building a sustainable local foods business.
About the author
Sarah Beth Aubrey was born into a family of farmers and was raised to believe, like Scarlett O'Hara, that it is land that sustains after all else. In addition to operating her company, Aubrey's Natural Meats, Aubrey writes and speaks extensively on agriculture, the rural lifestyle and small farm development.
Author: Sarah Beth Aubrey
Item Number: 4527