Time to gather up the kids and let them play in the muddy dirt. Teach them how to make seed balls with wild flower seeds. The will have a blast making this fun mud ball, learning about gardening, being outdoors and did I mention getting muddy.
Photo by Eva Waardenburg on Unsplash
Wildflower Seed Balls
- 1/2 ounce wildflower
- 3 1/2 ounce organic potting soil
- 1 1/2 ounce dry clay
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Mix seeds potting soil and clay together.
- Add water slowly.
- Using a large spoon or your hands mix everything until you can form a ball of dirt.
- Make 1 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet to dry for one day.
- To plant, prepare the soil of your garden bed.
- Take one of the seed balls and throw it into the prepared garden soil and watch it explode.
- Water and watch your wildflowers start to grow.