Peach Oil for Body Aches
Beauty Oils and Buttersby Elaine Stavert (GMC, 2010) contains over 30 recipes for body butters and oils that will have you feeling and looking your best. Get detailed information on herbs, aromatherapy and essential oils, and more. This recipe helps treat achy joints and muscles with a blend of carrier oils and essential oils.
Throughout history, the essential oils in this blend, together with the olive oil, have been used to rub into aching joints or muscles to ease discomfort and to soothe the skin.This recipe will make approximately 10 1/2 oz (300 ml) of oil.
• 5 1/4 oz (150 ml) peach oil (or apricot or sweet almond oil)
• 5 1/4 oz (150 ml) olive oil
• 24 drops (1.25ml) eucalyptus essential oil
• 12 drops cajeput essential oil
• 12 drops black pepper essential oil
• 12 drops ginger essential oil
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly, then pour into a bottle.
Excerpted from Beauty Oils & Butters by Elaine Stavert, published by GMC ($14.95, available from www.tauntonstore.com).
Dealing with Cabin Fever
Using ham radio and knitting to combat cabin fever.
Winter Skin Care
While winter weather can beat up our skin, so can the synthetic ingredients in many skin care products. But I’ve found effective and economical alternatives right in my own kitchen.
Get a better understanding of Medicare to guide you to make the right decision for you; contact your Capper’s Insurance agent today!