Favorite Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup minced celery
- 5 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Combine potatoes and 1/2 cup sea salt in a large stockpot. Cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer until fork-tender, about 10 to 12 minutes, and drain. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, remaining sea salt, pepper, and shallots. Mix well, and set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Add celery, parsley, and eggs to potatoes. Pour in yogurt mixture, and stir gently but thoroughly to combine. Season with a little additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill well before serving. Garnish with a pinch of additional parsley, if desired.
Shaye Elliott is the founder of the blog The Elliott Homestead. She and her husband are developing a farm in the Pacific Northwest. This is excerpted with permission from her book, Seasons at the Farm (Lyons Press).
Purchase this title from our Capper’s Farmer bookstore.