Pulled Pork-Slaw Sandwich Recipe
Learn how you can ddd pizazz to traditional pulled pork sandwiches by adding a spoonful of homemade coleslaw, and serving on crusty rolls.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 4 to 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced, optional
- 4 to 5 cups leftover pulled pork
- Barbecue sauce, to taste, optional
- 8 crusty buns
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, onion, and celery seeds. Add cabbage, carrot, and bell pepper, if using, and toss to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, to allow flavors to meld.
- If you want to coat the pulled pork with barbecue sauce, do so now, and stir to combine.
- Split buns in half, and arrange, split sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 250 F until warm and toasted.
- Top each bottom half of the buns with barbecue sauce, if desired. Cover with a heaping spoonful of pulled pork and a spoonful of coleslaw. Cover with top buns, and serve immediately.