How to Make Seed Balls for the Garden
Time to gather up the kids and let them play in the muddy dirt. Teach them how to make seed balls with wild flower seeds. The will have a blast making this fun mud ball, learning about gardening, being outdoors and did I mention getting muddy.
Photo by Eva Waardenburg on Unsplash
Wildflower Seed Balls
- 1/2 ounce wildflower
- 3 1/2 ounce organic potting soil
- 1 1/2 ounce dry clay
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Mix seeds potting soil and clay together.
- Add water slowly.
- Using a large spoon or your hands mix everything until you can form a ball of dirt.
- Make 1 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet to dry for one day.
- To plant, prepare the soil of your garden bed.
- Take one of the seed balls and throw it into the prepared garden soil and watch it explode.
- Water and watch your wildflowers start to grow.