Yields 8 ounces SERVINGS
- 1 cup granulated or raw sugar
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers, dried basil leaves, or 1 vanilla bean, split
- In a clean, dry, glass jar, alternate layers of the sugar and dried herbs. If making vanilla scrub, place the vanilla bean in the center of the jar of sugar. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or plastic wrap, and place in a dry spot for a few weeks.
- When the sugar is scented to your liking, separate out and save the herbs or vanilla. Don’t worry if the sugar has bits of herbs or vanilla left in it.
- Store your sugar scrub in a clean, dry container with a tight-fitting lid. To Use: Pour a small amount into the palm of your hand, and mix with water or your favorite cleanser. Massage into your face, and then rinse well with warm water. Note: The sugar can also be used as a body scrub. For more homemade skin care, see: Natural Beauty from the Garden
Excerpted from Natural Beauty from the Garden by Janice Cox, published by Ogden Publications, 2018.