Mashed sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows and nuts is a traditional holiday dish for many.
About 8 servings SERVINGS
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup thin cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Boil sweet potatoes in a saucepan until tender; drain, cool and peel.
- Mash potatoes, or cut them into 1/2-inch pieces, and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, flour and brown sugar. Sprinkle over potatoes in dish, and dot with butter. Cover with marshmallows and nuts, and pour cream over all.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil for last 5 to 10 minutes.
Don’t over complicate the dishes at your Thanksgiving holiday this year. Use this and other recipes featured in our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu to simplify your main dish and sides.