about 2 dozen SERVINGS
- 1 1⁄3 cups tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unflavored beef gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 to 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tapioca flour, coconut flour, gelatin, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add applesauce mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl, and refrigerate dough for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls, using about 2 tablespoons dough, and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten dough balls slightly using the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Learn how to can and bake with homemade applesauce.