8 servings SERVINGS
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, slightly stale, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Chopped pecans
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Layer bread cubes in the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla and salt, and mix well. Pour over bread cubes in slow cooker. With a spoon, spread egg mixture so all bread is thoroughly coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pour ice cream topping over all, and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes, or until caramel topping is hot.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.