Fabulous Fish Recipes
Summer is the perfect time for fishing. It’s a leisure and fun activity, and it can put food on the table as well. Try a tasty new recipe for tonight’s supper.
In addition, here are a few suggestions for getting the fishy flavor out of your catch.
- Soak fish in citrus-flavored soda, such as Sprite, Mountain Dew, or 7UP for an hour.
- Soak for 30 minutes in equal parts vinegar and water; remove and dip 1 egg mixed with a little milk, then dip in breading and fry.
- Place buttermilk in bowl; add fish; refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cook as desired.
- Marinate fish filets in a mixture of yellow mustard, pickle juice and Cajun seasoning for 4 to 6 hours. Remove from marinade, dip in breading and fry.
- Add a tablespoon of yellow mustard to a beaten egg. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in breading, and fry in hot oil.
- Thaw frozen fish in milk or buttermilk in refrigerator overnight.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
The steak for these fajitas can be marinated overnight and cooked the next day, making a quick supper. Serve them with beans and rice to round out the meal
White Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili, made in a slow cooker, calls for cream cheese and half-and-half for delightful creaminess, and is guaranteed to warm the body and soul.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, made with ground turkey, are cooked and then simmered in a cream sauce. Serve them over pasta, alongside green beans and garlic bread.