Fruit Pizza Recipe
Courtesy Martha White
8 to 10 servings
- 1 (7.4 oz) package Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract >
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fresh fruit, such as sliced peaches, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or other fruit of your choice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons apple jelly
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cover 14-by-20-inch cookie sheet with double layer of parchment paper; set aside.
- For crust: In large bowl, stir together muffin mix and brown sugar. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture is crumbled to size of peas. Slowly stir in cream and vanilla until ingredients are moistened.
- Form dough into a ball with floured hands. Knead 3 to 4 times in the bowl. Flatten into a 6-inch disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and place in center of prepared pan. Leaving plastic wrap on top of dough, press with palms of hands from center to outside edge to form 11-inch circle. Work quickly so dough will remain cold. Remove plastic wrap and pierce dough all over with fork. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is medium to dark brown. Cool completely on pan on wire rack. Gently loosen with spatula and place crust on serving tray.
- For topping: In bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until blended. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese.
- Heat apple jelly in saucepan over low heat just until warm. Brush thin layer over fruit with pastry brush. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.