4 servings. SERVINGS
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, water, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, five-spice powder, cooking sherry, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Add chicken wings to bowl; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wings from marinade and place in a single layer on a roasting pan or cookie sheet. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Turn wings; spoon some additional marinade over wings. Discard remaining marinade. Return wings to oven and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped basil leaves.