Mexican Meatballs Recipe
- 3 yellow corn taco shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons diced green chiles
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) taco sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, finely chopped, Optional
- Break taco shells into a food processor; cover and pulse several times to create about 1/2 cup taco shell crumbs.
- Place crumbs in a large mixing bowl; add ground beef, chili seasoning, egg and green chiles. Mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Drop meatballs into a hot skillet and cook, turning often, until browned evenly on all sides.
- Pour taco sauce into skillet, over and around meatballs. Gently stir meatballs around to coat with taco sauce. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with toothpicks. Yields about 30 meatballs.