About 1 dozen candies SERVINGS
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, mix together coconut, pecans and sweetened condensed milk. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler set over gently boiling water, heat chocolate chips and shortening until melted and smooth.
- With a teaspoon, place a thin layer of chocolate mixture in the bottom of miniature muffin cup liners. Top with a spoonful of coconut mixture, and cover with a generous layer of chocolate mixture. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours to allow chocolate to set and harden.
- Store in an airtight container.Note:To make these candies into balls rather than in muffin liners, make the coconut mixture as directed above. After mixture is chilled, roll into balls, and place on cookie sheets lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Melt chocolate chips and shortening as directed above, and dip balls. Place back on cookie sheets, and let stand at room temperature for several hours, until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container.Make sure to stock up on holiday goodies this year! See Easy Christmas Candy Recipes and Holiday Cookie Recipes for more ideas.