- 5 large ripe freestone peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey, preferably sourwood honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cut the peaches in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Place cut side up in a shallow broiler-proof baking dish that is the right size to hold the fruit halves without having them rolling all over the place. If necessary, shave a tiny bit off the bottom to help them stand up straight.
- Combine the butter and honey in a small bowl and microwave on high for about 25 seconds, or until the butter is melted. Pour the honey butter over the peach halves. If not baking right away, cover and refrigerate.
- Place the peaches under the broiler and watch carefully. Broil until the butter melts and bubbles, 3 to 5 minutes or longer, depending on the temperature of the peaches when you start to broil. You want the honey and butter to brown but not burn.
- Spoon a small amount of yogurt on each peach half and drizzle juices from the pan on top. Serve immediately.
More from The Fresh Honey Cookbook:
- • Coconut Macaroons with Dried Cherries• Chunky Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Lemon Crème Fraîche • Creamy Chicken and Coconut Curry• Southern-Style Iced Tea• Fresh-From-The-Garden Beets with Oranges and Blue Cheese • Switchel
Excerpted from The Fresh Honey Cookbook, © by Laurey Masterton, photography by © Johnny Autry, used with permission from Storey Publishing. Buy this book from our store: The Fresh Honey Cookbook