Everyone has their own take on sweet potatoes at family gatherings. This recipe is a new twist on the traditional Thanksgiving Day side.
• 5 medium sweet potatoes
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup miniature marshmallows
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
• 1 cup thin cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. Boil sweet potatoes in a saucepan until tender; drain, cool and peel.
3. Mash potatoes, or cut them into 1/2-inch pieces, and spoon into prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix together salt, flour and brown sugar. Sprinkle over potatoes in dish, and dot with butter. Cover with marshmallows and nuts, and pour cream over all.
5. Cover with foil, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil for last 5 to 10 minutes.
Don't over complicate the dishes at your Thanksgiving holiday this year. Use this and other recipes featured in our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu to simplify your main dish and sides.