Try these other main dish salad recipes.
• 8 cups chopped lettuce or salad mix
• 1 cup chopped or julienned ham
• 1 cup chopped or julienned turkey
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
• 1 cup sliced or chopped cucumber
• 4 eggs, hard-boiled and halved, sliced, or chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped green onion or rings of red onions, optional
• 1/2 cup chopped celery, optional
• Salad dressing
1) Divide lettuce equally among four large bowls.
2) Top each bowl of lettuce with equal amounts of ham, turkey, tomatoes, cheese, cucumber, and eggs. Add onion and celery, if desired.
3) Serve with a variety of salad dressings to the side.
Note: Although it veers away from being a traditional chef salad, if desired, you can scratch the ham and turkey, and go with tuna instead. Or, skip the meat altogether. You can also add radishes, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, or whatever other vegetables you have on hand.