Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1 1⁄3 cups tapioca flour
• 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
• 2 tablespoons unflavored beef gelatin
• 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
• 1 to 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1⁄4 cup applesauce
• 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
• 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine tapioca flour, coconut flour, gelatin, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a fork until thoroughly combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine applesauce, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix well.
4. Add applesauce mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Cover bowl, and refrigerate dough for 10 to 30 minutes.
6. Roll into balls, using about 2 tablespoons dough, and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten dough balls slightly using the palm of your hand.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.