Try these other Rich and Delicious Desserts.
• 4 cups flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 cup cocoa
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 cups cold water
• Prepared chocolate frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; whisk to combine. Add mayonnaise, vanilla, and water, and beat until smooth.
3. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks and allow to cool completely.
5. Spread frosting between the layers, and on the top and sides of cake.
NOTE: For a decorative design on the top and sides of the cake, use a piping bag and decorating tip.