Grilled Angel Food Cake S’mores
- 8 slices (1/2 inch thick each) angel food cake
- 4 chocolate bars (1 ounce each), 35 percent or more cocoa
- 8 large marshmallows
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Make 4 s’more sandwiches, each consisting of 1 slice of cake, 1 chocolate bar, 2 marshmallows, a pinch of salt, and another slice of cake.
- Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil, and place on grill, either on upper rack or over indirect heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Check to see if chocolate and marshmallows are melting. If not, cook a few minutes longer.
- Remove sandwiches from foil, place diagonally against grill grates, and grill quickly until grill marks form. Turn sandwiches 90 degrees, and continue grilling until more grill marks form, creating diamond shapes.
- Slice sandwiches in half before serving.
This is excerpted with permission from Char-Broil Grilling for the Family (Fox Chapel Publishing).