Try these other simple sandwich recipes.
• 8 slices sourdough bread
• Mayonnaise or spicy mustard
• 3/4 to 1 pound sliced ham
• 1/2 to 3/4 pound Swiss cheese slices
• Olive oil
1) Preheat panini press or similar type of grill.
2) Spread 4 slices of bread with a little mayonnaise or spicy mustard. Top each with slices of ham and cheese, and cover with another slice of bread.
3) Brush top and bottom of sandwiches with a little olive oil, and place on hot panini press. Close lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Watch closely so they don't burn.
Note: Any type of ham — honey, smoked, tavern, etc. — is fine. Use a skillet over medium heat if you don't have a panini press or grill.