Your family is sure to love this breakfast treat.
• 3 eggs
• 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 slices white bread, crust removed, torn into small pieces, divided
• 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
• 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed and chopped
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk milk, eggs, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until smooth; set aside.
3. Place 3/4 of bread pieces in a greased 8-inch-square pan. Layer cranberries, remaining bread pieces and pears in pan. Pour milk mixture over pears.
4. Mix hazelnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over mixture in pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home recipes:• Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
• Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
• Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe
More breakfast recipes:• Cranberry Glazed Cinnamon Roll Recipe
• Hazelnut Waffles with Cranberry Pear Sauce Recipe