Try these other simple sandwich recipes.
• 6 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
• 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
• 8 slices Swiss cheese
1) In large skillet over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onion, and cook until caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
2) Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix together ground beef, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties.
3) Heat another large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add patties, and cook to desired doneness, turning once.
4) Place 4 slices of bread on counter. Top each with a beef patty, two slices of cheese, and some grilled onions. Cover with remaining bread slices.
5) Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches, and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking until second side is golden and cheese is melted, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.