Try these other Rich and Delicious Desserts.
• Pastry for 9-inch single-crust pie
• 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
• 2 cups skim milk
• 2 eggs, separated
• 1⁄2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Whipped topping, optional
• Chopped peanuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry, and crimp edges. Set aside.
2. Place peanut butter in a large bowl. Add milk, 1⁄2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar and salt until light. Add to peanut butter mixture with vanilla.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into filling mixture.
5. Pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate, and bake for 45 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool completely.
6. Place a large dollop of whipped topping in center of pie, and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.