Cooking with Microgreens by Sal Gilbertie with Larry Sheehan by Sal Gilbertie with Larry Sheehan (The Countryman Press, 2015) is a guide to growing and cooking with fresh microgreens. This cookbook guides you with step-by-step instructions, beautiful photographs, and easy recipes. This recipe uses fresh microgreens from your garden to give flavor to grilled pork.
The microgreen-based marinade gives the pork a fresh, spicy flavor while preserving its moistness.
• 2 (12-ounce) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
• 1/4 cup chopped garlic chive microgreens
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro microgreens
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 cup arugula microgreens
1. Place the tenderloins in a shallow baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic chive microgreens, cilantro microgreens, honey, mustard, and pepper.
3. Pour the mixture over the pork, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
4. While the tenderloins marinate, preheat a grill to medium heat.
5. Grill the tenderloins for 20 to 30 minutes, basting frequently with the marinade. (Stop basting a minute or two before the tenderloins are done.)
6. Remove from the heat, slice thinly across the grain, and serve on a bed of arugula microgreens.
More From Cooking With Microgreens:
This excerpt is reprinted with permission from Cooking With Microgreens by Sal Gilbertie and Larry Sheehan , published by The Countryman Press, 2015.