Pulled Meat Sandwiches Recipe
• 1 boneless pork shoulder or beef brisket, skin and excess fat removed (about 3 to 4 pounds)
• 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
• 1 onion, halved
• 2 cups barbecue sauce
• 8 sandwich buns
1. Place meat in a slow cooker. Add root beer and onion.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender.
3. Remove meat and set aside to cool slightly. Discard cooking liquid.
4. Shred meat, and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce.
5. Cover and cook on low for an additional 1 hour to allow the sauce to soak into the meat.
6. Serve hot on sandwich buns.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.