Rosemary and Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, tails on
- 1 clove garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, or 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic, rosemary, basil, and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Just before grilling, add salt and oil to shrimp mixture, and toss to coat.
- Place shrimp on grill, and cook for about 3 minutes per side, turning only once.
This is excerpted with permission from Char-Broil Grilling for the Family (Fox Chapel Publishing).