Salmon Skewer Recipe
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- 12 lemon wedges
- Lightly oil grill grate, and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice salmon fillet lengthwise into 12 long strips. Thread each strip onto a skewer, and place skewers in a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger root, garlic, and pepper. Pour three-quarters of the mixture over skewers in dish, and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining marinade mixture into a small pan. Place on grill, and bring to a simmer.
- Thread a lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Place skewers on grill, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, turning once and brushing often with simmering marinade mixture.
This is excerpted with permission from Char-Broil Grilling for the Family (Fox Chapel Publishing).