This recipe originally ran in the September 2005 edition of Capper's Farmer.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pork sausage
- 1 can (8.5 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potato cubes, thawed
- 1/8 cup each diced green, red and yellow bell peppers, optional
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Place on an ungreased, 12-inch rimmed pizza pan with points toward center. Press together, seal perforations and form a circle 1 inch larger in diameter than bottom of pan. Turn edges under to make a slight rim.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over crust. Top with potatoes; add peppers and/or green onions if desired. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Pour evenly over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.