Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Yields 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 12 to 14 ounces pork kielbasa, cut into thick rounds
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 mini bell peppers, cut into rings
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together basil, oregano, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts on prepared baking sheet, and drizzle with 5 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle 2/3 of the dry herb mixture over the top, and toss until evenly coated. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Push vegetables to one side of baking sheet. Add asparagus, onion, and kielbasa to other side. Drizzle with remaining oil, remaining herb mixture, and garlic. Toss to coat, then spread out evenly. Bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Add peppers, and stir gently to combine. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until all veggies are tender and brown.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve over a bed of white or wild rice.
Photo by Getty Images/rudisill
For more supper idea recipes, see Simple Ideas for Supper.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. With access to thousands of archived recipes from the magazine, she’s always trying something new.