Slow Cooker Southwest Beef Wraps
• 1 beef chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast, boneless, 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
• 1 medium onion, quartered
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup sweet corn, frozen, thawed
• 1 cup chopped tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 quart salsa, divided
• 8 flour tortillas, warmed
1. Cut roast into 4 even pieces.
2. Place onion and garlic in a 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, and top with the roast. Add water, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender – 5 to 5-1/2 hours on high, or 9 to 9-1/2 hours on low.
4. Remove and cool roast slightly. Strain cooking liquid and skim fat. Shred roast with 2 forks into a 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Add 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, tomatoes, cilantro and 1/4 cup salsa. Set relish mixture aside.
6. Add remaining salsa to roast, and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is heated through, stirring once.
7. Spread 3/4 cup beef mixture on each tortilla, leaving a 1-1/2-inch border around the edges. Cover with about 1/4 cup relish mixture.
8. Fold right and left sides of tortillas over filling, then fold bottom edge over and roll up.
Note: To make Hickory BBQ Beef Sandwiches, add 18 ounces of hickory barbecue sauce to the shredded roast after it has cooked. Cover and microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once. Serve on onion rolls.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.