Sticky Ribs Freezer Meal
3 meals, 6
- 9 pounds boneless country-style ribs
- 2 -1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3-gallon freezer bags with labels
To package this recipe.
- Place ribs in a large stockpot, and cover with water. Simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Drain.
- Divide ribs evenly among freezer bags.
- Into each bag, add 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon garlic.
- Seal. Gently shake each bag to combine contents.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
To Cook One Freezer Meal:
- Move one meal into the refrigerator until it completely thaws.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour ribs and sauce into an ungreased baking dish, and bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until sauce is thick and sticky.
Kati Neville lives in Oregon, and Lindsay Ahrens lives in Washington. Both are big fans of freezer meals and have written recipes for Costco’s annual cookbooks and articles for Everyday with Rachael Ray. This is excerpted with permission from their book Fix, Freeze, Feast (Storey Publishing).