Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes
• 8 ounces uncooked ditalini pasta
• 3 tomatoes, chopped
• 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
• 1 orange bell pepper, cut thin strips
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1-1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
1. Boil and drain pasta according to package directions; set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, thyme, vinegar and oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Add pasta to tomato mixture, and toss to combine. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Chill until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, sprinkle cheese on top, if desired.