Check out these other quick and easy meal ideas.
• 1 package (6 ounces) penne pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained, liquid reserved
• 1 can (3 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained, liquid reserved
• 1⁄4 cup corn kernels, optional
• 1⁄4 cup peas, optional
• Tabasco sauce, to taste, optional
• 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place cooked and drained pasta in prepared dish. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Blend in flour and salt. Set aside.
4. Combine reserved liquids from tuna and mushrooms, and add enough milk to make 2 cups liquid. Pour into flour mixture, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in tuna and mushrooms. Add corn, peas, and Tabasco, if using.
5. Pour sauce mixture over pasta in dish, and stir to mix. Top with cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.