8 servings SERVINGS
- 1 beef chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast, boneless, 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sweet corn, frozen, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 quart salsa, divided
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Cut roast into 4 even pieces.
- Place onion and garlic in a 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, and top with the roast. Add water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender – 5 to 5-1/2 hours on high, or 9 to 9-1/2 hours on low.
- Remove and cool roast slightly. Strain cooking liquid and skim fat. Shred roast with 2 forks into a 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Add 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, tomatoes, cilantro and 1/4 cup salsa. Set relish mixture aside.
- Add remaining salsa to roast, and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is heated through, stirring once.
- Spread 3/4 cup beef mixture on each tortilla, leaving a 1-1/2-inch border around the edges. Cover with about 1/4 cup relish mixture.
- Fold right and left sides of tortillas over filling, then fold bottom edge over and roll up. Note: To make Hickory BBQ Beef Sandwiches, add 18 ounces of hickory barbecue sauce to the shredded roast after it has cooked. Cover and microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once. Serve on onion rolls.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.