Strawberry Jam Cookies Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Blend in egg and egg yolk. Stir in vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add to butter mixture, and mix well.
- Roll dough into balls, using about 1 teaspoon for each, then roll in nuts. Place on prepared baking sheets, and press your thumb deeply into the center of each ball. Fill indentations with jam.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies slightly on pans, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Photo by Pixabay/markusspiske