One Dirty Bowl: Fast Desserts, Faster Cleanup (Cedar Fort, Inc., 2014), by Christina Dymock provides readers with delicious dessert recipes that are easy to make and clean up! These dessert recipes will satisfy any sweet tooth, impress your guests, and don't require a huge cleanup after. The following excerpt is from Chapter 2, "Beautiful Brownies and Bars."
You can buy this book from the Capper's Farmer store: One Dirty Bowl
• 1 (16.5 ounces) pkg. refrigerated sugar cookie dough (the flat sheet, not the roll)
• 1 (12 ounces) bag assorted miniature candy bars, unwrapped
• 16 marshmallows, cut in half
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the cookie dough, as a block, in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
3) Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned.
4) Remove the pan from the oven and layer the miniature candy bars over the cookie. Don't leave space between candy bars.
5) Cover the chocolate with a layer of marshmallows.
6) Turn the oven to low broil.
7) Place the pan on the center rack and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted.
8) Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving. (They will be messy but amazing.) Or allow them to set overnight for less chocolate-and-marshmallow gooeyness.
Excerpted from One Dirty Bowl, by Christina Dymock. Used with permission from Cedar Fort, Inc., © 2014. Buy this book from our store: One Dirty Bowl.