Crafts: How to make felt ornaments
Felt Sheets – Assorted Colors
Fluffed up cotton for stuffing
Decorating Material: Beads, Confetti, Flowers, Sparkle, Sequins, Ribbons, Bows, decorative buttons etc.
Click on each template to enlarge and then Print.
1. Trace with the help of templates the desired design on felt paper. Alternatively, use cookie cutters of desired shapes and sizes.
2. Cut out TWO of the same shape for each ornament that you want to make. Leave some seam allowance while cutting.
3. Place the matching sides together and Top stitch the two Felt Cut-Outs together, leaving a small space to stuff with cotton.
4. Lightly stuff with cotton. Use a crochet hook to push the stuffing into small areas. Stitch the opening closed.
5. To make a loop to hang the ornaments, braid 3 strands of wool (3′ approx) and sew onto the top of the stuffed ornament.
6. Use Craft glue to decorate the ornaments. You can make faces for Santa, Gingerbread Man and Snowmen with eyes, buttons etc.
Our Homespun Christmas Tree
This year, take a moment and make up a Christmas ornament or two for your loved ones. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just made with love.
What to Do With a Lifetime of Greeting Cards
My Facebook friends gave me some good advice on what to do with the piles of greeting cards I have saved during the 55 years of our marriage.