6 servings SERVINGS
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Divide asparagus spears into 12 bundles. Carefully wrap 1 slice of bacon around each bundle, starting about 1⁄2 inch from bottom of tips. Secure bacon-wrapped spears with a toothpick, and lay bundles in a low-sided casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Pour hot mixture over bundles in dish.
- Roast in oven for 25 minutes, or until spears have begun to wilt and bacon looks fully cooked.
- Remove toothpicks before serving. Get more recipes from Trisha Yearwood.
Reprinted with permission from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood. Copyright © 2010 by Trisha Yearwood. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.