6 to 8 pints SERVINGS
- 7 to 8 pounds apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a large pot. Add about 1/2 inch of water. Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook until apples are soft, stirring occasionally, and adding additional water as needed. Mash with a potato masher.
- Fill hot, sterilized jars with mixture, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Use a non-metallic utensil to remove air bubbles by sliding the utensil down the inside of each jar.
- Cap jars with sterile lids and bands. Process in boiling water for 20 minutes.Want more home-canning recipes? Read Preserving and Canning Recipes for Garden Produce to get the most out of your harvest this year.