Chocolate Crispy Bars Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 package (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In an extra-large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add cereal, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix thoroughly but gently, so you don’t crush the cereal.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In the top of a double boiler over hot water (not boiling), or in a bowl set over a pan of hot water, melt chocolate chips.
- Pour melted chocolate over mixture in pan, and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars before serving.
Photo by Pixabay/StockSnap