Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole
1 / 2
This dish, made mostly from pantry staples, has been a favorite for generations.
Photo by Adobestock/chas53
2 / 2
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos, optional
- 2 cans (about 6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups hot, cooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix soup, milk, peas, pimientos, tuna and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot. Stir.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake for 5 additional minutes.