Holiday Traditions Included Mom’s Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup Baker’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 knife-tip cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (7 ounces) coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. (They have to be stiff enough for the cut of a knife to remain visible.) Beat into this slowly, by the tablespoon, the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and almond extract. Lift the coconut gently into the mixture.
- Drop mixture, using two teaspoons, onto a greased baking sheet, which should be placed onto the top or second rack of the oven.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes.Looking for more ideas? Check out Homemade Gifts for the Holidays.