- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper
- Place vegetables in large saucepan and fill with water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain vegetables and place in large bowl. Add butter and mash, gradually adding half-and-half as you mash, until mixture is chunky. Do not mash fine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot topped with slices of corned beef.