1 / 2
Country Cornbread made with self-rising cornmeal, jalapeno peppers, and cream-style corn.
Photo by GettyImages/juliedeshaies
2 / 2
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped fine
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and set aside. 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, cheese, onion, peppers, and corn. Stir in cornmeal mix.3. Pour mixture into prepared dish, and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.NOTE: To make your own self-rising cornmeal mix, combine 3 cups cornmeal with 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder and 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt.