Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe
1 / 2
Pears, cranberries and hazelnuts provide a variety of health benefits, including fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants and protein.
Photo by Pixabay/igorovsyannykov
2 / 2
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket OR deli corned beef, finely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup prepared Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Chopped green onions OR fresh parsley, optional
- Pita chips, whole-grain crackers, rye crackers OR rye cocktail bread
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine corned beef brisket, sauerkraut, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup cheese, dressing, horseradish and red pepper in a small bowl. Spread evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve with pita chips, crackers or cocktail bread.
- Editor's note: Dip may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance; do not bake. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Bake, uncovered, at 425°F for 15 to 16 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
Beef cooking tips:
- • The secret is simple: cook it long and slow, tightly covered. The steam created ensures fork-tender, moist beef.• To determine doneness, insert a fork into the brisket; the beef is fork-tender when fork inserts without resistance and releases easily.• Always carve brisket across the grain into thin slices.This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More corned beef recipes:
- • Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe• Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
More Heart of the Home recipes:
- • Cranberry Glazed Cinnamon Roll Recipe• Hazelnut Waffles with Cranberry Pear Sauce Recipe• Tangy Lemon Breakfast Fruit Strata Recipe