4 to 6 servings SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, skins on
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons minced chives
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. When melted, add the potatoes, cover, and gently cook until they’re fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Add the cream cheese and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Smash the potatoes and cream cheese together with a potato masher or fork until they’re mostly creamy and combined, with just a few small potato pieces remaining for a little texture. Top with the chives and gently stir to incorporate just before serving.
More from: Family Table• Crusty Hash Browns Recipe
• Blackberry Custard Cake Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Family Table (2018), by Shaye Elliott and published by Lyons Press.