8 servings SERVINGS
- 8 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1⁄2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss apple slices with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and 1⁄2 cup baking mix, and mix well. Pour over apples in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining baking mix and brown sugar. Cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until apples are soft.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.