Chunky Crock-Pot Chili Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart whole tomatoes, or 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pint tomato sauce, or 1 can (8 ounces)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- In a skillet over medium heat, crumble and brown ground beef with onion. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Combine beef mixture, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, bell pepper, if desired, salt, white pepper, chili powder and cayenne, if using, in a slow cooker, and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top individual servings with cheddar, sour cream and green onions.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.